If you are asking “Should I upgrade to Windows 8” then my answer is that depends.
For a short time Microsoft is offering Windows 8 upgrade for a discounted price of $ 39.99 CAD (Upgrade to Windows 8 PRO, expires January 2013).
If you already have Windows 7 I would probably hold off on upgrading to Windows 8. If however you have a need or desire for the following then I would consider and even recommend upgrading to Windows 8:
- Easy to use Tile/App Start Menu
- SkyDrive built in (requires a free account with Windows Live – if you run Windows 7 you can download the SkyDrive client)
- Internet Explorer 10 (still some kinks that need to be worked out)
- Built in Anti-Virus (still worth looking at getting third party protection)
- Hyper-V (in order to use Hyper-V your system needs to meet certain hardware requirements)
So far I have enjoyed using Windows 8. I actually purchased 3 copies of Windows 8 upgrade from the Microsoft website. I chose to upgrade to Windows 8 simply because I wanted to try it. I feel that it is also required for someone working in IT. The other major and main reason was to try out Hyper-V.
Overall my experience with Windows 8 has been up and down. If you are running Windows XP or Windows Vista I would upgrade to Windows 8.
For more in depth reviews or comments please check out Maximum PC or using GOOGLE.